Software Quality Assurance & Performance Tester
Symptai Consulting Ltd.
Type of Job
21 July 2021, 1:00:00 pm
About the job
This position is for the Compliance and Fraud Prevention Team in Symptai. The Compliance Division is highly focused on creating comprehensive software solutions to help financial institutions and other types of organizations to comply with regulations and combat theft, fraud, money laundering and many other forms of financial crime.
As a member of the Quality Assurance Team this role partners with development to ensure the quality of the software is consistent with company standards. You are responsible for seeing the big picture and looking at the product more from a user/customer point of view, which means you are customer-focused, and you ensure the entire team maintains this focus. You are willing to learn and understand what customers do with the software and understand the customer’s software requirements.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of quality assurance experience, including 2+ years of programming or 2+ years automated testing
• Experience writing test cases, creating test plans and executing tests
Experience designing and implementing load and performance tests, as well as performance automation tools such as jMeter and LoadRunner.
• Experience with deployment of cloud-based services. Knowledge of Azure/AWS DevOps is a plus.
• Experience with Gherkin, Cucumber, C#, Postman, Selenium WebDriver and other test automation tools, and concepts such as unit testing and performance/load testing
• Solid knowledge of and experience using Windows Server Operating Systems (2012, 2016)
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Demonstrated superior troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently & meticulously with minimal guidance towards tight product delivery timelines.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies & continuously learning
• Build and maintain an effective suite of automated tests to continually ensure quality and increase team velocity.
• Build and maintain a set of performance labs, focused on stress testing setups similar to customer environments.
• Set up and maintain a set of cloud services to test usage of back-end cloud components.
• Create test cases and plans, whilst maintaining the test case backlog for both manual and automated test cases.
• Work as part of a self-directed team in which you determine your tasks on a daily basis in coordination with co-workers, rather than waiting for work to be assigned to you.
• Contribute to advancements in overall quality within the team and company.
Symptai Consulting is a lean and spirited technology consulting organization committed to helping clients resolve some of their most mission critical business challenges. Each member of the team is engaged in meaningful work which motivates them to show up with their unique contribution in a bold and purposeful way every day. Our core values of integrity, candour and respect underpin the way we operate with each other, our clients, and our partners.